Machint Solutions Pvt Ltd and its affiliates’ (hereafter referred as ‘Machint’) value our relationship with our business partners, clients and any party who may be interested in Machint business services and solutions for any reason and we are committed to protecting your information by handling it responsibly and safeguarding it using appropriate technical, administrative and physical security measures. This Statement outlines the types of personal information collected on our Website, how this data is used and safeguarded as well as how users may exercise their rights with respect to personal information.
If you reside in India, you are contracting with Machint Solutions Pvt Ltd, 3 Cube Towers, 2-93, 8 & 9, White Field Rd, Whitefields, HITEC City, Hyderabad (500081), Telangana, India. If you reside outside of India, you are contracting with one of the Machint companies & Subsidiaries.
Who are we?
How do we collect personal data?
- Directly:We obtain personal data directly from individuals in a variety of ways, including obtaining personal data from individuals who provide us their business card, complete our online forms, subscribe to our newsletters and preference center, register for webinars, attend meetings or events we host, visit our offices or apply for open roles. We may also obtain personal data directly when, for example, we are establishing a business relationship, performing professional services through a contract, or through our hosted software applications.
Indirectly:We obtain personal data indirectly about individuals from a variety of sources, including recruitment services and our clients. We may attach personal data to our customer relationship management records to better understand and serve our business clients, subscribers and individuals, satisfy a legal obligation, or pursue our legitimate interests.
- Public sources — Personal data may be obtained from public registers (such as Companies House), news articles, sanctions lists, and Internet searches.
- Social and professional networking sites— If you register or login to our websites using social media (e.g., LinkedIn, Google, or Twitter) to authenticate your identity and connect your social media login information with us, we will collect information or content needed for the registration or login that you permitted your social media provider to share with us. That information may include your name and email address and depending on your privacy settings, additional details about you, so please review the privacy controls on the applicable service to set how much information you want shared with us.
- Business clients— Our business clients may engage us to perform professional services that involves sharing personal data they control as part of that engagement. For example, we will review payroll data as part of an audit and we often need to use personal data to provide global mobility and pension services. Our services may also include processing personal data under our clients’ control on our hosted software applications, which may be governed by different privacy terms and policies.
- Recruitment services — We may obtain personal data about candidates from an employment agency, and other parties including former employers, and credit reference agencies.
What Personal Data will Machint collect?
The personal data we process may include:
The personal data we collect may also include ‘sensitive’ or ‘special categories’ of personal data, such as details about:
- name, gender, age and date of birth;
- contact information, such as address, email, and mobile phone number;
- country of residence;
- lifestyle and social circumstances (for example, your hobbies);
- family circumstances (for example, your marital status and dependents);
- employment and education details (for example, the organisation you work for, your job title and your education details);
- financial and tax-related information (for example your income, investments and tax residency);
- postings or messages on any blogs, forums, platforms, wikis or social media applications and services that we provide (including with third parties);
- IP address, browser type and language, your access times;
- information in any complaints you make;
- details of how you use our products and services;
- CCTV footage and other information we collect when you access our premises; and
- details of how you like to interact with us, and other similar information relevant to our relationship.
- dietary requirements (for example, when Machint would like to provide you with meals and refreshments during meetings, visits);
- health (for example, so that we can make it easy for you to access our buildings, products and services);
- sexual orientation (for example, if you provide us with details of your spouse or partner); and
- Biometric details for entry into restricted facilities.
We may also process personal data relating to ethnic or racial origin (for example, any multicultural networks you belong to), or about your political opinions (inferred from information you give us about political associations you belong to or have donated to).
We will typically seek separate permission from you in writing to process these special categories of personal data.
If you choose not to provide, or object to us processing, the information we collect, we may not be able to process your instructions or continue to provide some or all of our services to you or our clients.
What lawful reasons do we have for processing personal data?
We may rely on the following lawful reasons when we collect and use personal data to operate our business and provide our products and services:
- Contract– We may process personal data in order to perform our contractual obligations.
- Consent – We may rely on your freely given consent at the time you provided your personal data to us.
- Legitimate interests– We may rely on legitimate interests based on our evaluation that the processing is fair, reasonable and balanced. These include:
- Delivering services to our clients – To deliver the professional services our clients have engaged us to provide.
- Direct marketing – To deliver timely market insights and specialty knowledge we believe is welcomed by our business clients, subscribers and individuals who have interacted with us.
- Legal obligations and public interests – We may process personal data in order to meet regulatory and public interest obligations or mandates.
What will Machint do with your personal data?
Machint will use the personal data:
- To provide services to our clients
- To meet legal or regulatory requirements
- Conduct due diligence checks relating to the services
- For other activities that form part of the operation of our business
- To manage and respond to any request you submit through our Website.
- Promoting our professional services, products and capabilities to existing and prospective business clients.
- Sending invitations and providing access to guests attending our events and webinars or our sponsored events.
- Personalising online landing pages and communications we think would be of interest based on interactions with us and group companies.
- Administering, maintaining and ensuring the security of our information systems, applications and websites.
- Authenticating registered users to certain areas of our sites.
- Detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We are not selling the data that we collect on the website. It is only being used to respond to your query and for other marketing activities.
Whom do we share your personal data with?
In connection with any of the purposes outlined in the “What will Machint do with your personal data” section above, we may disclose details about you to:
- other members of the Machint group companies or third parties that provide services;
- competent authorities (including courts and authorities regulating us); our advisers, or your advisers;
- anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and/or obligations under the Terms;
- any other person or organisation after a restructure, sale or acquisition of any member of the Machint group, as long as they use your information for the same purposes we did;
- credit reference agencies or other organisations that help us make credit decisions and reduce the incidence of fraud; and
- other third parties that reasonably require access to personal data relating to you.
Our Website hosts various blogs, forums, wikis and other social media applications or services that allow you to share content with other users (collectively “Social Media Applications”). Any personal data that you contribute to these Social Media Applications can be read, collected and used by other users of the application. We have little or no control over these other users, so any information you contribute to these Social Media Applications might not be handled in line with this privacy statement.
Where do we transfer your personal data?
Information we hold about you may be transferred to countries:
- where we do business;
- which are linked to your engagement with us;
- from which you regularly receive or transmit information; or
- where our third parties conduct their activities.
These countries may have less stringent privacy laws than we do, so any information they hold can become subject to their laws and disclosure requirements, including disclosure to governmental bodies, regulatory agencies and private persons. In addition, a number of countries have agreements under which information is exchanged with other countries for law enforcement, tax and other purposes.
We may also transfer your personal data when:
How long will Machint retain your personal data?
We seek to ensure that we only keep your personal data for the longest of:
- the period necessary for the relevant activity or services;
- any retention period that is required by law; or
- the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in respect of the services.
Do we link to other websites?
You have a choice about how Machint should use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, to provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
You can control the methods by which Machint may contact you about your account. You can also control your member-to-member communications preferences settings, and can choose which newsletters and promotions you want to receive.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from Machint, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received, change your communication preferences within Machint, or indicate your communication preferences within the direct communication from us. Keep in mind, Machint does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent
Changes to this privacy statement:
From time to time we may update this statement. When we do, we will publish the changes on this Website. If you do not agree with these changes, you should discontinue your use of our Website. If material changes are made to this Statement, we will notify users by e-mail or by placing a prominent notice on this Website.
How to contact us, request access to your personal data or contact Machint with questions or feedback?
For Data Protection related questions or feedback:
If you have a question, comment, or complaint or wish to access a copy of your personal data or to correct it if you believe it is inaccurate, you can reach Machint at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For India Data Protection Act related questions or feedback:
If you have a question or a complaint about this Privacy Notice, Machint global privacy standards, or its information handling practices, you can reach Machint at email@example.com.